Me: I guess I didn't get around to writing the post that I said I would. Oh well, I remembered today. :)
Sage: Let me guess, we don't have a topic.
Me: Well...not exactly. I have a few ideas for things to talk about but I'll have to think about them a little more. We could just talk about Thanksgiving briefly.
Drel: Oh great, you're not going to ask us what we're thankful for are you?
Me: No.
Drel: Good. That question is so annoying....
Me: Well it is called Thanksgiving. Though I'm guessing that you find it annoying because of how many thanksgivings you had.
Drel: That's fairly correct. Though I usually don't celebrate thanksgiving often. I'm either too busy or just don't feel like it.
Me: Of course...what about you Sage? I know you grew up in a totally different dimension and in a more medieval era so you probably didn't.
Sage: Nope. I only had heard about it an until I moved here, I hadn't completely understood it.
Ash: I guess it wouldn't make since to have Thanksgiving in a world where the Pilgrims didn't exist.
Me: ....now that I think of it, it wouldn't make since to have any holiday in a different world if the people or events that caused the holiday didn't live/exist there.
Drel: I've traveled around a lot so I've heard about pretty much all of them.
Me: And you've probably heard about some that we haven't.
Drel: *nods*
Me: So what other types of holidays have you heard of, Drel?
Drel: Well there was one where they had a celebration each time there was a solar or lunar eclipse. Obviously it didn't happen very often but the parties that were held lasted about a week.
Me: Strange...why did they do that?
Drel: I think there was a large war that ended on that day or something.
Me: Huh...interesting. Ugh...I'm so tired from PE still...ah! I need to write my friend a letter before I forget! There is no co-op next week so I have to get it to her before she leaves. brb!
*Hours later*
Me: Well writing the letter took longer than I had planned and now I'm home so I have no rush to finish this up.
Zeth: Well you have until 10:00 which is like three or so hours away.
Me: Yup so no real hurry. :) I could even make it really long! But I'm not going to because I don't think anyone would like to read a crazily long post. Plus, I'm really exhausted from co-op so I want to take a break and relax for awhile.
Sage: You're always tired once you get home from co-op.
Me: Maybe it's from the ride in the car...it does something to me when I sit in the car for forty minutes....
Drel: ...I've ridden in a car for days almost without stopping and it didn't bother me at all.
Me: That's because you're not human.
Drel: Probably.
Me: So where did we leave off? ...I forgot....
Ren: We were talking about different types of holidays.
Me: Right.
Sage: I've always wondered how Halloween started...I don't know the background behind that so called 'holiday'.
Me: ...actually me neither...and it doesn't really seem like a holiday to me. Some people may think otherwise.
Ash: Valentines Day and Saint Patrick's Day make since because they're after people and there's the obvious Easter and Christmas. But Halloween just doesn't seem to fit.
Me: Actually, if anyone knows the story behind Halloween please let us know. :) I'm sure I've probably been told before but I forget.
Drel: You forget many things...
Me: Hey!
Sage: *cough* Sorry, but it's kind of true, Silver...
Me: *sighs* Yeah, it is...oh well. I don't forget extremely important things so that's good.
Ren: So...anything new with anyone?
Me: Not really...
Sage: Nope.
Drel: ...
Ash: It doesn't look liked it.
Naem: I met a cat today. His name is Jasper and he lives in a tree just down the block.
Me: Wait, the cat lives in a tree?
Naem: Yep.
Sage: And how exactly do you know this?
Naem: He told me.
Me: Of course he did....
Naem: it's true!
Me: Naem, around here, cats don't talk.
Drel: On Malci they do...it's a strange world everything is upside down and unexpected things happen.
Me: ok.... Well this post is getting to a decent size so we can wrap it up soon. Besides, I think I might be getting a small headache. ...either that or I'm just dehydrated again.
Sage: I don't think I know anyone besides you that gets a small headache from dehydration.
Me: It's weird, but that seems to be the problem sometimes.
Drel: What are you going to do after this post?
Me: Hmm...idk. Write a bit on my fanfiction...and listen to some Japanese I suppose.
Sage: You haven't told everyone about your fanfic yet.
Me: Oh right!! So, I'm writing it off of an anime I really like (Ouran Highschool Host Club) and so far it's going really well. I feel so popular sometimes because everyone who is reading it, is loving it. :)
Ren: She's posting it on a site called Quotev.
Me: Over 1,000 people have read it now and 192 have Favorited it! I'm so happy! It was originally just a random thing that I was trying out but it seems that I'm really good at writing fanfics. Who knew?
Sage: She enjoys trying out different characters so the main character is slightly emo but not totally.
Me: Yep. I've tried out all sorts of different character types. Sage was the mysterious, silent type, Drel is the rebellious, dangerious type. Ren is the nice and friendly type, Ash is almost a mysterious but mature(ish) type. Hmm...I can't remember too many other but Drel's girlfriend (Len) is the first hardcore tomboy that I've written. Many of the girls I right are fairly girly and not that controlling.
Sage: Like Prell. She was one of the most girly characters that you've written, but she still wasn't that girly.
Me: Yep. :) So it seems like I should wrap things up now. Next week is Thanksgiving so I may or may not be doing a post. I might do one the day before, or the day after or something. We'll see. :)
Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!
~N~
No comments:
Post a Comment