Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pointless facts part 3! (Final part)

Me: I'm sorry! I was feeling sick last week so I didn't get around to posting anything but you probably understand how it is.

Ren: It's weird to think that it's getting close spring... *glances out the window* Though we'll probably have dreary weather like this once spring comes around like we always do....

Me: *sighs* Most likely. Onto the topic! I decided to do this pointless fact thing more time, but of course, I'm running out of facts so this'll be the last time...unless I find a jackpot. ;) Oh, and by the way, some of these facts might not be true so just keep them in mind.

Sage: She's too lazy today to check up on them.

Me: *ignores Sage* Let's start with the facts! First fact: (this one is true actually) When you turn the Americas side ways, they resemble the shape of a duck with the tip of south america as the beak of the duck and Alaska as the feet.

Evrem: *laughs* Wow, that's so weird!

Sage: Before sleeping 93% of your mind begins to imagine stuff you'd like to happen.

Me: Yep...I remember trying to make myself dream of something....never worked...

Seff: If a cockroach touches a human, it runs to safety and cleans itself.

Naem: ...wait a minute, does that imply that we're dirty?! I would think they're filthier that we are!

Ren: It's a cockroach, Naem, there's no need to take so much offense...

Naem: ...

Evrem: *snickers*

Seff: Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds but dogs have only about ten.

Me: ...I kind of want a cat...a short haired black cat that's really calm and mellow.

Thallus: Sounds like you've been thinking about this for a while.

Me: Kind of...once I move out I might adopt a adult cat from a shelter or something, but I don't know. I've never had a cat before, only a dog, but I love my doggy.

Ria: This fact is actually kind of useful but it's unlikely to happen so I guess you could call it pointless: nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.

Me: ... *looks up intravenously* Ah. It's poison if it's injected into your veins....lovely...

Thallus: "Underground" is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with "und."

Naem: ...I see what you mean by pointless facts.

Evrem: Rocks explode in the microwave!

Sage: ...so that's what that noise was...

Evrem: I read that somewhere and wanted to know if it was true.

Me: *facepalm*

Seff: Cats have more of a chance of surviving if they fall of the twentieth floor of a building and less of a chance if they fall off the seventh floor.

Naem: ...now I have to find a building with twenty floors.

Me: Naem!

Naem: Kidding, kidding.

Ash: The average ear of corn has eight hundred kernels that are arranged in sixteen rows.

Slade: ...that person who figured that out must have been bored.

Me: Men get hiccups more often than women.

Sage: I knew this one already: pearls melt in vinegar for those who don't know that.

Evrem: The plastic thing on the end of your shoelace is called an aglet.

Me: Thank you Phineas and Ferb. ;P

Seff: Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Ren: Remind me to stay away from donkeys...

Me: The only word to have fifteen letters and not repeat the same letter is "uncopyrightable."

Sage: And apparently this spell check doesn't think it's a word...

Seff: Birds need gravity to swallow.

Me: Hamsters only blink one eye at a time...

Ren: Elephants are the only animal that can't jump...I pity them now.

Ria: The longest recorded flight of a chicken was thirteen seconds...

Evrem: The average person fall asleep in seven minutes.

Sage: Starfish don't have brains.

Me: And to rap this post up: Sherlock Holmes never said, "Elementary, my dear Watson."

Thallus: In the books, I might add.

Me: Yep. And there you have it! Now I get to figure out what to talk about tomorrow...hmm...ideas would be really nice.

Sage: But no one ever says anything so it's really pointless to ask anymore.

Me: ...you do have a point...but I still will! If any of your have any ideas, themes, movies, books, etc, that you want us to talk about, please let us know in the comments!

Sage: They're going to say as silent as a rock, like always...

Thallus: We could make this more interesting if we said that if someone posts an idea of what we should talk about, Sage has to do something and if no one does, Silver has to do something. That something is yet to be determined though.

Sage: ...I'm against the idea...

Me: Hmm...I have to know what the something is before I agree to it.

Thallus: Well how about the person who comments with an idea gets to say what they want to happen to Sage (if they have an idea) and we might pick it. If no one comments, I'll come up with something for Silver.

Me: ...

Sage: I'm still against it.

Me: In that case...I'll do it. ;P But you have to promise that it's not something that'll be something permanent or last a long time like dying hair or something like that.

Thallus: It won't, promise...though of course Sage might have something different happen to him and he gets no say in the matter.

Sage: What?!

Thallus: *chuckles* Well ok then, it's up to the readers now. You have until next week to decide who gets the surprise. Comment with an idea for a topic we can talk about if you want Sage to get it, or don't comment and Silver will. We'll be posting again tomorrow. Later!

~N~ 

2 comments:

  1. Wait... I'm confused... what happens to Sage? 0.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thallus: That's for the person that posts the idea to decide. :) If they don't say anything though, we'll come up with something.

      Delete